Monday 26 January 2015

My Proudest (Crafty) Achievement So Far...

As you know, I'm just learning to use a sewing machine, so when I saw a 'beginner's patchwork bag' workshop, I thought it would be perfect for me to gain some experience. I must admit, when I saw the picture of the bag we were going to make in 6 hours, I did start to worry, but reassured myself that the class was for beginners. Of course, what I didn't twig until I got there, was that it was a class for beginners to patchwork, rather than beginner sewers and that the other 3 ladies on the workshop had years of sewing experience - oops! I worked almost non stop for 7 hours (we were able to stay until we had all finished) and apart from the frequent "can you please help me?" I didn't utter a word, because I didn't have time! Anyway, with the endless help and patience of Sue, the tutor, I went home with a finished, fully lined bag, which I am immensely proud of!





7 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Knew you would pick it up quickly as you always do!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is superb that you did this in a beginners' class. Gorgeous colour. If this is your skill level now, I can but imagine the beautiful projects you're going to go on to make :) P xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely. Well done Michele I'm getting quite envious of your new skills xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you. Told you, you could do it. You should give yourself a pat on the back, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no wonder you are pleased with yourself. Its fantastic. The bottom is soooo neat. fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous bag, you should be very proud - I am :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, Michele, this is just beautiful ... I love those colours and - having seen your scrapbook work up close - I am sure there isn't a stitch out of place on this. What a great project for a day, and I am sure it would have taken me a great deal longer than that. I am so enjoying watching your creativity blossom!

    ReplyDelete