I finally decided to try one of the Craftsy classes I've been hoarding. I used fabric I bought at the Harrogate Quilt show on Saturday - don't think I've ever used something so quickly! The pouch has been quilted and is lined in the same fabric as the handles.
Sunday, 6 September 2015
This sewing case is my new favourite 'make' so far! I used a pattern by Hummingbird Designs and bought the fabric kit to go with it. The outer panel has been quilted with a diamond design and the inside contains several pockets for all my sewing bits and pieces. I wasn't going to bother with the ruffled pocket, as it looked a bit tricky, but I'm glad I did, as the effort was worth it. The hardest part was trying to get it through the sewing machine to sew the binding on, as the case is stiffened with pelmet plastic.
Wednesday, 2 September 2015
This bag was made from a panel, which was created by sewing two sided strips of contrasting fabric onto the background fabric and then pinching and sewing the strips together at regular intervals to create the diamond effect. Time consuming, but I think the finished effect was worth it. Quite hard to see the dimension on the photo though. The gusset and back is quilted and the bag is lined using the flowery background fabric.